Home> J-Term IEX Courses
J-Term 2017 IEX CoursesYou can complete one or both of your required IEX courses by participating in any study away J-Term program(s). Each J-Term study away course satisfies one J-Term course requirement.
*Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis for the Gustavus-operated courses and the HECUA program. For the UMAIE courses, April 15 is the priority deadline, so application screening begins on April 16 and, for application completed on or after that date, it's a rolling basis for any remaining spots.
Gustavus-specific J-Term courses are now closed for 2017. However, you can still apply for any of the courses listed below. 2018 Gustavus J-Term courses will be announced here near the end of fall semester 2016.
HECUA Consortium Program
UMAIE Consortium Programs (J-Term 2017)
UMAIE is six colleges cooperating to offer additional study away J-Term courses for students from any of the member schools. Gustavus is a member.
- Americans Abroad: The Grand Tour – Paris, Nice, Florence, Venice and Rome (T4800)
- Angels, Sirens, and Warriors: Women in Literature and Art in England and France (T4795)
- An Andalusian Odyssey: Spanish Language Study in Southern Spain (T4799)
- FULL: Arab and Jewish Influence in Spain and Morocco (T4782)
- Archaeology and History in Rome and Croatia (T4797)
- Berlin Yesterday and Today: From the Third Reich to German Unity (T4801)
- The Chemistry of Brewing in Belgium and Germany (T4796)
- City as Text: Reading Vietnam and Thailand: Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Chiang Mai (T4788)
- Comparative Politics of Central Europe (T4802)
- Eastern Europe: Cultural Trauma, Communications, and the Camera (T4783)
- CANCELLED: Digging Deep for Water and Cultural Exposure through Service Learning in Ghana (T4790)
- Families in Italian Society (T4806)
- From Hiroshima to Pyongyang: Nuclear Politics in Korea and Japan (T4791)
- Hawai'i: Multicultural Communication in Diverse Organizations (T4798)
- FULL: Hindu and Buddhist Art, Architecture, and Mythology in the Kathmandu Valley (T4793)
- Mozart, Beethoven, and Beyond: The Music and Culture of Vienna, Prague, and Budapest (T4786)
- FULL: [Gustavus prof!!] Natural History and Conservation Biology in Tanzania (T4789)
- Olympic Literature and History: Connecting the Ancient and Modern Games in Greece (T4803)
- The Religions and Peoples of India (T4787)
- Resisting the Legacy of Colonialism: Indigenous Culture, Language, and Literature in New Zealand/Aotearoa (T4797)
- FULL: Spooks, Psychics, and Skeptics in the UK: Psychological Science Investigates the Paranormal (T4805)
- Sustainability through a Business Lens: Exploring People, Planet, and Profits in Chile (T4792)
- The Theatre of England and Ireland (T4785)