|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Gustavus applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Program Provider:||CIEE - Council on International Educational Exchange||Program Term(s):||Semester/Year|
|Minimum Class Standing:||Sophomore||Minimum GPA:||2.75|
|Prerequisites:||No||Previous Language Study Req?:||No|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech, English||Language courses offered:||Czech|
|Housing Options:||Apartment (Shared), Dormitory, Homestay||Areas of Study:||Anthropology/Ethnography, Architecture, Art, Art History, Central European Studies, Communication, Czech Language & Literature, Digital Arts, Economics, Environmental Studies/Sustainability, European Studies, Film Studies, Folklore, Gender, Women's and Sexuality Studies, Genocide Studies, History, Intercultural Communications, International Studies, Journalism, Peace & Conflict Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion/Theology, Sociology|
|Program Design:||Direct Enroll, Hybrid, Study Center, Theme based||Additional Program Options:||Internship, Volunteer|
CIEE Central European Studies Program in Prague, Czech Republic
Staggering architecture, rich cultural history, a turbulent past and exciting future – Prague is as fascinating a city as it is beautiful. And with CIEE’s Central European Studies program, you’ll have the opportunity to make it your own.
Enroll in courses at prestigious, local universities, choosing from Czech language, and a host of academic courses exploring the dynamics of the country, its culture and its place in the region.
Study abroad in Prague for access to the city's unusually rich cultural life – festivals, operas, and concerts – meaning in no time you’ll adopt the “Nejak bylo, Nejak bude” (“Somehow it went and somehow it will go”) attitude make use of the city like a native Bohemian.
In Prague you will:
- Enroll in courses not only at CIEE, but also at Prague Film and Television School of the Academy of the Performing Arts (FAMU), one of the most prominent and renowned film schools in Europe, as well as a special group of courses at Charles University
- Take advantage of Prague’s central location in order to see the many cultural sites of Czech Republic and other European cities, such as Budapest, Vienna, Krakow, or Berlin which are just a train or bus ride away
- Choose from three unique housing options: CIEE-administered apartments, Charles University dormitory, or homestay with a local family
- Discover Czech culture and become good friends with your Czech buddy, a local student of Charles University
- Give back to the local community by volunteering or interning in a Czech organization
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.