IFSA-Butler: Chilean Universities Program, Valparaíso
Valparaíso, Chile (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Gustavus applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2019||09/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2019||09/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
Study Abroad in CHILE with IFSA
Chilean Universities Program,Valparaiso
About the Program
Situated between the mountains and the sea,Valparaíso's cobbled streets and Victorian houses provide a unique setting to examine the economic and psychological factors that create Latin American politics. The city is famous for its charm and picture-perfect views, not to mention the passionate and edgy art scene and politically active student body. An optional internship complements your studies.
Chile's second-largest city is located between mountains and the sea. Known for its romantic, time-worn elegance of cobbled streets and Victorian houses, students will also find many museums, galleries and performance venues as well as great seafood restaurants, entertainment and nightlife.
- Outstanding academics and unparalleled flexibility in course choice—you will choose courses from two outstanding universities: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso and Universidad Santa María
- Gain valuable experience while participating in an internship; options may include:
- working with children and youth in community organizations
- performing arts groups
- working with the disabled
- conducting marketing and outreach
- working with the homeless
- engaging in environmental and science education
- Valparaíso is located in Chile, named first among Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2018 Top Countries
- Live like a local—take university classes integrated with degree-seeking Chilean students and live with a carefully selected Chilean host family
- You will be paired with a language partner for further conversational practice and you will have access to academic tutors throughout the semester
- Give back to the community through one of many volunteer opportunities
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about the Chilean Universities program Valparaiso, including courses, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://email@example.com
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278