|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2019||09/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Provider:||CIEE - Council on International Educational Exchange||Program Term(s):||Semester/Year|
|Minimum Class Standing:||Sophomore||Minimum GPA:||2.50|
|Prerequisites:||Yes||Previous Language Study Req?:||Yes|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Mandarin Chinese||Language courses offered:||Mandarin Chinese|
|Language GPA:||2.5||Housing Options:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Areas of Study:||Chinese Language & Literature, Communication, Cultural Studies, Film Studies, History, Intercultural Communications, International Studies||Program Design:||Direct Enroll, Hybrid, Study Center|
|Additional Program Options:||Research Project|
CIEE Intensive Chinese Language + Culture Program in Nanjing, China
Take your Mandarin skills to the next level, and get an authentic Chinese experience –without all the tourists – in Nanjing! We’ll give you the tools and knowledge to find the right words and turns of phrase in Mandarin. The program features small class sizes, group excursions, a weeklong field trip, and weekly sessions with peer tutors. You’ll live with a Chinese roommate or host family, so you’ll be completely immersed in the language, the place, and the culture.
Study abroad in Nanjing and you will:
- Improve your Mandarin through intensive language training in small classes, a peer tutor program, and by living with a Chinese roommate or host family
- Learn about contemporary China through a core course and work on a social research project conducted in English
- Explore Southwest China in spring and Northwest China in fall on weeklong field trips
- Visit historic monuments and temples in Nanjing and Shanghai in fall or Beijing in spring on weekend field trips
- Get to know different people and places in Eastern China by exploring Jiangsu Province by local bus or taking a bullet train to Shanghai for the weekend
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.