SIT Study Abroad Morocco: Arabic Language and Community Service (Summer)
Rabat, Morocco (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||SIT/World Learning|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Provider:
|SIT - School for International Training||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10208Program Term(s):
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10992Prerequisites:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10206Previous Language Study Req?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10166Language courses offered:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
|Guest House, Homestay, Hostel/Hotel||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10171Areas of Study:
|African Studies, Arabic, Arabic Language and Literature, Culture, Middle Eastern Studies|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10212Additional Program Options:
Advance your spoken and written Arabic skills through community service and immersion in Moroccan culture.
Develop your Arabic skills rapidly through intensive study, field exercises, and interactions with native speakers.
Learn at the level that’s right for you.
Practice your language skills in the community.
Explore a specific academic or cultural interest on a topic related to Morocco for the Arabic Writing Seminar.
Work with a Moroccan NGO for the Community Service Project.
Experience Moroccan culture through hands-on activities such as cooking, calligraphy, and costuming.
Live with a host family for six weeks in Rabat’s centuries-old historic medina.
Visit historical sites throughout Morocco, such as Meknes, Volubilis, and Fes.
Explore small towns in the Rif Mountains, such as Chefchaouen and Ouezzane, and experience rural life in a nearby village.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website for details on program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
Key Topics of Study
- The writing skills necessary to produce a short research paper in Arabic
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
Contact SIT Study Abroad
- Visit our website: studyabroad.sit.edu
- Request more information or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call an admissions counselor: 888-272-7881
- Contact a former student.
- Apply to SIT.
For Gustavus Adolphus students: SIT uses US semester credits. Each GAC unit = 4 US semester credits. Thus, most SIT courses, which are worth 3 US semester credits each, are worth 0.75 GAC units. Be sure to discuss the irregular unit totals with your advisors as you select courses.