UK Fulbright Summer Institutes
Belfast, United Kingdom; Brighton, United Kingdom; Bristol, United Kingdom; Dundee, United Kingdom; Durham, United Kingdom; Exeter, United Kingdom; Glasgow, United Kingdom; London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Gustavus applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||02/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Program Provider:||US-UK Fulbright Commission||Program Term(s):||Summer|
|Minimum Class Standing:||First-Year||Minimum GPA:||3.70|
|Prerequisites:||No||Previous Language Study Req?:||No|
|Language of Instruction:||English|
The Fulbright UK Summer Institutes are three-to-four week scholarship programs for US undergraduate students with at least two years of college study remaining before graduation. Participants can explore the culture, heritage, and history of the UK while experiencing higher education at a UK university.
The Institutes include an educational residency relevant to the host university's cultural, historical and industrial environment.
Depending on the Institute, students will have the opportunity to:
- Study alongside leading academics and professionals
- Develop knowledge in specific fields
- Participate in field and in-service education
- Experience cultural and social events
- Visit museums, galleries, castles, battlegrounds, stately homes and areas of scenic beauty
- Receive credit to transfer to their home institution
- Meet people from across the US and the world
- Become an ambassador for studying in the UK
- Return (round trip) US-UK airfare
- Tuition and fees at the host institution
- Accommodation and meals
- In some cases a small daily allowance
- Be a US citizen and possess a US passport
- Be at least 18 years old by the start of the program
- Participate in the program in its entirety
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.7
- Have at least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the Institute finishes
- Have had little or no study or travel outside of the US
Interested Gustavus students should first apply to the UK Summer Fulbright Institute program. You are highly encouraged to work with the Director of Fellowships at Gustavus as you pursue the award.
If you learn that are an awardee of the program, then you may complete this Gustavus application in order to receive academic credit at Gustavus for your UK Summer Fulbright Institute program. Because this program notifies recipients of awards fairly late, this program has a very late application deadline of May 5 each year.