Gustavus J-Term Courses
- Melting Mountains: Glaciers, climate change, and society in the European Alps (Jeff La Frenierre and Kelly Karstad) -- J-Term in July?!? Yes, we will be offering a summer 2019 course that will fulfill one of the two required J-Term IEX courses.
The following programs will be offered for J-Term 2020. Please check back soon for more information and application details.
- Australasia Olympic Quest: Understanding Sport & Leisure in Australia & Japan (Bonnie Reimann and Aaron Banks)
- Brother Enemy: Identity, Resistance and Liberation in Cambodia and Vietnam (Phillip Voight and Patty English)
- The City Air Will Set You Free: Queer Urban Communities and Social Justice in Berlin and Amsterdam (Darío Sánchez González)
- Desert Survival: Cultural Innovation and Resilience in the Southern Arizona Borderlands (Annika Ericksen)
- Discover Japan: Language, Life, and Culture in Tokyo and Kyoto (Toshiyuki Sakuragi)
- Glaciers, Volcanoes, Sagas and Songs: Interweaving Culture and Landscape in Iceland (Jeff La Frenierre and Kjerstin Moody)
- The Golden Age: Renaissance Art and Architecture in Italy (Betsy Byers)
- Gustavus Symphony Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble in Malaysia and Singapore (Ruth Lin, Dave Stamp, and Steve Mellema)
- Island Schooling: Supporting Pupil Learning on Sint Maarten, Dutch West Indies (Lisa Dembouski and Deb Pitton)
- Natural History and Conservation Biology of Tanzania: Camping Safari (Cindy Johnson)
- Out on the Fringe: Culture, Identity, and Folklore in Scotland (Roger Adkins)
- Placing Valencia: Language, Community, and the Eastern Spanish Coast (Carlos Mario Mejía Suárez)
HECUA Consortium Program
Application deadline: October 1
J-Term Exchange: St. Olaf
Gusties who are sophomores, juniors, and seniors also have the option to participate in a St. Olaf J-Term course through the Gustavus/St. Olaf J-Term Exchange program. Options for J-Term 2020 will be announced in Spring 2019.