Home> J-Term IEX Courses
J-Term IEX CoursesYou can complete one or both of your required IEX courses by participating in any study away J-Term program(s). Each J-Term study away course satisfies one J-Term course requirement.
Gustavus J-Term Courses
- Melting Mountains: Glaciers, climate change, and society in the European Alps (Jeff La Frenierre and Kelly Karstad) -- J-Term in July?!? Yes, we will be offering a summer 2019 course that will fulfill one of the two required J-Term IEX courses.
The following programs will be offered for J-Term 2020. Please check back soon for more information and application details.
- Australasia Olympic Quest: Understanding Sport & Leisure in Australia & Japan (Bonnie Reimann and Aaron Banks)
- Brother Enemy: Identity, Resistance and Liberation in Cambodia and Vietnam (Phillip Voight and Patty English)
- The City Air Will Set You Free: Queer Urban Communities and Social Justice in Berlin and Amsterdam (Darío Sánchez González)
- Desert Survival: Cultural Innovation and Resilience in the Southern Arizona Borderlands (Annika Ericksen)
- Discover Japan: Language, Life, and Culture in Tokyo and Kyoto (Toshiyuki Sakuragi)
- Glaciers, Volcanoes, Sagas and Songs: Interweaving Culture and Landscape in Iceland (Jeff La Frenierre and Kjerstin Moody)
- The Golden Age: Renaissance Art and Architecture in Italy (Betsy Byers)
- Gustavus Symphony Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble in Malaysia and Singapore (Ruth Lin, Dave Stamp, and Steve Mellema)
- Island Schooling: Supporting Pupil Learning on Sint Maarten, Dutch West Indies (Lisa Dembouski and Deb Pitton)
- Natural History and Conservation Biology of Tanzania: Camping Safari (Cindy Johnson)
- Placing Valencia: Language, Community, and the Eastern Spanish Coast (Mayra Taylor)
HECUA Consortium Program
Application deadline: October 1