|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Gustavus applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2021||09/15/2020 **||Rolling Admission||01/13/2021||05/07/2021|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Take your advanced Spanish language skills to the next level while studying across a range of academic areas at CIEE Seville and our partner schools, Universidad de Sevilla and Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO). Study alongside local students across a broad range of disciplines, in Spanish, while immersing yourself in the rich culture of Seville. CIEE Seville is located in the heart of Seville, close to the Royal Alcazar palace. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
Excursions & Activities
- Join in Flamenco lessons, take a bike tour, participate in language exchanges with Spanish university students, practice new sports in the Guadalquivir river, and more, with new local friends. New activities are offered all the time throughout the semester.
- Join a group that matches your interests – sports, environment, food and wine, etc. Groups include Spanish students, meet throughout the semester, etc.
- Get an insider’s view of iconic places like Parque de María Luisa, Plaza de España, Catedral de Sevilla, Archivo de Indias, Hospital de los Venerables Sacerdotes, and many more amazing locations spread all around the city.
- Participate in excursions to other Spanish cities in the region of Andalucía. In the past, students have travelled to cities such as Córdoba, Cádiz, Malaga, Jerez, etc.
- Explore and step back centuries in time with a tour of Roman ruins in Italica or the medieval city of Carmona.
- Volunteer: become an English cultural and language assistant for children or teenagers at a local school or connect with the people of Seville by helping at one of the many local organizations that support citizens in need of social assistance.
- Take a service-learning or teaching practicum to earn academic credit and gain experience as you contribute.
- Socialize with peers while you improve your Spanish in a conversation-exchange program.
- Continue practicing or cultivate new interests through a range of college activities and outings, such as singing in a choir, hiking, or joining a sports team.
- Join a group that matches your cultural and intellectual interests: music, the environment, the social landscape, gastronomy, or urban art, amongst others. These interest groups include a trip to another city in Andalusia.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us