The School for Field Studies (SFS) Turks and Caicos Islands - Marine Megafauna (Summer II)
South Caicos, Turks and Caicos Islands (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The School for Field Studies (SFS)|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
SFS TURKS & CAICOS: MARINE MEGAFAUNA (SUMMER II)
- Term: Summer Session II
- Credits: 4 semester-hour credits (8 credits if taken with Session I)
- Prerequisites: No course prerequisites: 18 years of age
- Application Deadline: Rolling admissions. Early applications encouraged
- Financial Aid: All accepted students can apply for need-based scholarships, grants, and loans
South Caicos is home to sharks, turtles, rays, and other charismatic marine “megafauna.” In this specialized summer program, you’ll see these incredible creatures up close while learning about their ecology and conservation through in-water field lectures, snorkel or dive sessions, and video tracking exercises.
- Deploy Baited Remote Underwater Video Stations (BRUVS) and collect video footage of sharks and other predators to analyze species abundance and diversity inside and outside protected areas.
SUMMER COMBINEDTake back-to-back summer sessions and get the hands-on learning and skill-building experiences of an internship, while also going off the beaten path and exploring the world. Each summer session focuses on a different topic, and you’ll have time to travel independently between sessions. Receive a $1,000 discount on your second session.
Visit the SFS website
CONNECT WITH SFS
Call the Admissions Hotline at 800.989.4418
Read updates from the field on the SFS Blog
Follow SFS on Instagram and Facebook
Watch student videos on YouTube and Vimeo
Note: This SFS Session II course can be combined with SFS Session I summer courses.