The School for Field Studies (SFS) Turks and Caicos Islands - Fundamentals of Marine Conservation (Summer I)
South Caicos, Turks and Caicos Islands (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The School for Field Studies (SFS)|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
SFS TURKS & CAICOS: FUNDAMENTALS OF MARINE CONSERVATION (SUMMER I)
- Term: Summer Session I
- Credits: 4 semester-hour credits (8 credits if taken with Session II)
- Prerequisites: No course prerequisites: 18 years of age
- Application Deadline: Rolling admissions. Early applications encouraged
- Financial Aid: All accepted students can apply for need-based scholarships, grants, and loans
Spend your summer snorkeling and diving beneath the turquoise waters of South Caicos, studying rays, turtles, brilliantly colored fish, and other marine life – face to face. In this fundamentals course, you’ll learn about the environmental issues and policies affecting the island’s human and wildlife communities, while building the skills needed to conduct marine research and contribute to a more sustainable future for South Caicos.
- Lay underwater transects to assess the health of the island’s coral reefs, which are among the largest in the world and are home to diverse marine species including the valuable queen conch.
SUMMER COMBINEDTake back-to-back summer sessions and get the hands-on learning and skill-building experiences of an internship, while also going off the beaten path and exploring the world. Each summer session focuses on a different topic, and you’ll have time to travel independently between sessions. Receive a $1,000 discount on your second session.
Visit the SFS website
CONNECT WITH SFS
Call the Admissions Hotline at 800.989.4418
Read updates from the field on the SFS Blog
Follow SFS on Instagram and Facebook
Watch student videos on YouTube and Vimeo
Note: This SFS Session I course can be combined with SFS Session II summer courses.