Washington Internship Institute (WII) Summer Program
Washington D.C., United States (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Gustavus applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Program. Four days out of the week, you will contribute to meaningful projects and tasks in professional settings like federal agencies, Congressional offices, embassies, businesses, and a variety of nonprofit and advocacy organizations. The other day of the week, you will take two courses – the Core Course and the Internship Seminar – designed to enhance your internship experience and your future career.
How We Help You Find Your Internship
We start with you: we start off with a conversation about who you are and what you want to do so we know what to look for.
We are your agent in DC:
- We do the research for you after that conversation.
- We provide you with a list of places we think will be the best for you.
- We help you prepare your applications, with feedback on your cover letter, resume, and writing sample.
- We send your applications out for you.
- We help prepare you for interviews.
- Inside Washington: Politics and Policy
- International and Foreign Policy Studies
- Global Health Policy Studies
- Global Women's Leadership Development
- Environmental Law and Policy Studies
More info on the WWI program >>>
Gustavus students: Note that the summer program may begin before the end of spring semester finals at Gustavus. However, WII may be able to arrange a later starting date for Gusties only when there is conflict with your on-campus spring semester schedule. You will need to make arrangements directly with the WII staff.