|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||07/12/2019||11/17/2019|
|Academic Year||2019-2020||03/01/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2020||09/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Calendar Year||2020||09/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Partner:
|CIEE - Council on International Educational Exchange||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10208Program Term(s):
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10992Prerequisites:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10206Previous Language Study Req?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10166Language courses offered:
|African languages, Afrikaans, Hebrew|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
|Apartment (Shared), Dormitory, Homestay||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10171Areas of Study:
|African Studies, Agriculture, Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Art History, Arts, Asian Studies, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Business, Chemistry, Communication, Computer Science, Culture, Developmental Sciences, Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Environmental Studies, Film, Gender Studies, Geography, History, Independent Study, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Management, Marine Science, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Music, Other Language & Literature, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Public Relations, Religion/Theology, Sciences, Service Learning, Sociology, Theatre/Drama, Urban Studies, Women's Studies|
|Program Design:||Direct Enroll, Hybrid, Study Center||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10212Additional Program Options:
Near the southern-most tip of Africa, Cape Town is all about the wonders of nature – and the fallout of a complicated history that make this a society in transition. Experience it all, with strong academics, links to Cape Town peers and communities, historical site visits, and time to explore on your own. It is an experience that is sure to stick with you for life.
with a South African family in a homestay.
Cape Town people in need – students say it is a pinnacle of their study abroad experience.
LIVE AND LEARN
where natural beauty and outdoor fun are part of everyday life.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore iconic sites like the Cape Peninsula, Cape Flats, and Robben Island.
- Join local fans at Newlands Stadium to watch cricket or rugby.
- See culture come to life with theater, music, and dance productions.
- Visit rural cooperatives to experience daily life beyond the city.
- Immerse yourself in campus life at the University of Cape Town by joining a social, sport, or cultural club – select up to three activities, and we'll cover the cost.
Volunteering. Students say this is a highlight. Receive more than you give by tutoring students in English and math, working on AIDS/HIV projects, and mentoring troubled teens.
Peer-to-peer connections. Resident assistants (RAs) are top UCT students, recruited and trained by CIEE to help with cultural excursions, live with CIEE students in a UCT residence halls or CIEE's off-campus apartments, and introduce CIEE students to the UCT campus community.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to South African culture, your academic program, the city, and practical information about living in Cape Town
- Full-time program leadership and support in Cape Town
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us