IFSA- Cuba Study Abroad at Universidad de La Habana
Havana, Cuba (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Gustavus applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2021||09/15/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Partner:
|IFSA - Butler||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10208Program Term(s):
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10992Prerequisites:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10206Previous Language Study Req?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10166Language courses offered:
Glossary entry for program parameter 11139Meet Language Reqt in One Semester?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10171Areas of Study:
|Accounting, Biochemistry, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Culture, Economics, Food Technology and Management, French, Humanities, Philosophy, Sociology, Spanish|
Study Abroad in CUBA
Universidad de La Habana
About this Program
Make history with us as we experience changes daily. Study at one of the most prestigious universities in Latin America, and spend a long weekend living in an intentional community hours from Havana. Learn, explore, dance, play ball, and make friends while you are part of something few Americans will ever experience.
Havana, located along the coast of the North Atlantic Ocean has beautifully restored colonial architecture and history at every turn. An ocean view provides a constantly changing backdrop to the city.
- Study at Universidad de La Habana (UH), Cuba's oldest and most prestigious university, which attracts students from throughout Latin America and around the world
- Located next to the heart of Havana's historic district, UH offers a unique opportunity for the adventurous and flexible student
- Integrate with Cuban students in elective courses available in a wide variety of disciplines
- Take one core course developed exclusively for IFSA-Butler students focused on Cuban culture and patrimony
- Academic advising and tutoring available throughout the semester at no additional cost
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about the Universidad de La Habana program, including courses, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
For Gustavus Adolphus students: IFSA uses semester credits. Each GAC unit = 4 semester credits. Thus, some IFSA courses, which are worth 3 semester credits each, are worth 0.75 GAC units. Be sure to discuss the irregular unit totals with your advisors as you select courses.