|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Gustavus applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Partner:
|CIEE - Council on International Educational Exchange||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10208Program Term(s):
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10992Prerequisites:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10206Previous Language Study Req?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10166Language courses offered:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
|Dormitory||Program Design:||Study Center|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10212Additional Program Options:
|Internship (with credit transfer)|
CIEE Global Internship programs are built just for you! All of our locations offer a wide range of internship opportunities across a diverse set of industries. When you apply, we work directly with you to find an internship that suits your unique needs and professional goals. Learn more about our personalized placement process.
Explore the Latin American, Asian, and European influences that meet in San Francisco and make it the diverse hotspot and dynamic center of business activity it is. You’ll have an opportunity to work with top businesses in fields from healthcare and human services to culture and communications. And you’ll be a short drive from Silicon Valley, the global epicenter of tech innovation and research.
with us to find an internship that suits your unique needs and professional goals.
with a leading organization, exploring how to best navigate cultural differences between your organization and its international clients.
your professional portfolio and network.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit unique museums like the Cable Car Museum.
- Explore Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Take a trolley tour around the city.
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Get locked up on Alcatraz Island.
- Take advantage of resume help and interviewing skills based on local business culture
- Explore the professional working world of San Francisco through organizational site visits, industry networking events, and guest lectures
- Participate in workshops that will help you make the most of your internship
- Orientation – an introduction to San Francisco culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us