|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Partner:
|CIEE - Council on International Educational Exchange||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10208Program Term(s):
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10992Prerequisites:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10206Previous Language Study Req?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10166Language courses offered:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10171Areas of Study:
|Art History, Business, Culture, History|
|Program Design:||Group based, Set Curriculum, Short Term, Study Center, Theme based||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10212Additional Program Options:
Spend your summer learning how to succeed in a globalized economy, discovering a new culture, and gaining crucial global perspectives – all while studying business in Barcelona. This program offers challenging coursework, engaging company visits, welcoming homestays, and interesting co-curricular activities designed to offer insight into international business. All courses are taught in English at CIEE Barcelona.
EXPLORE THE REGION OF CATALONIA
and surrounding provinces with exciting day and overnight trips.
LIVE WITH A SPANISH FAMILY
and immerse yourself in local culture.
TAKE FIELD TRIPS
to monuments and guided tours of the city.
Excursions & Activities
- Take guided tours of the historical district.
- Enjoy gastronomy-based activities such as eating chocolate con churros or tapas with local friends, or a cooking session.
- Take 2 day trips to a Catalonian destination that may include the North of Catalunya, the South of Catalunya, among others.
Volunteering. Although there are no formal community service activities on this program, volunteer opportunities can be arranged by CIEE staff.
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Barcelona culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
Gustie notes: Gustavus participants may select Term II and/or Term III. The first term overlaps with the spring semester and does not work for Gusties.