|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||SIT/World Learning|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Partner:
|SIT - School for International Training||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10208Program Term(s):
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10992Prerequisites:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10206Previous Language Study Req?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10166Language courses offered:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10171Areas of Study:
|Ecology, Environmental Studies/Sustainability|
|Program Design:||Group based, Set Curriculum, Short Term, Theme based|
Tanzania: Climate Change and Sustainability, Mount Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar
Study climate change, its human impacts, and national and local solutions in northern and coastal Tanzania.
- Visit Mount Kilimanjaro National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, and the Usambara Mountains.
- Explore climate change and marine conservation in the Zanzibar Archipelago.
- Learn and practice field methodologies for climate research.
- Partner with academic, professional, and community experts.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website for details on program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
Key Topics of Study
- Climate change, its impacts, and national and East African solutions to this critical global issue
- Research methods in a nontraditional, cross-cultural environment
- Ecological and anthropological field study techniques
- Human-environment interaction in ecosystems
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- The SIT Pell Grant Match provides matching grants to all students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding when it is applied to an SIT Study Abroad semester program.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
Contact SIT Study Abroad
- Visit our website: studyabroad.sit.edu
- Request more information or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call an admissions counselor: 888-272-7881
- Contact a former student.
- Apply to SIT.
Full program info here: https://studyabroad.sit.edu/programs/summer/summer-2018/tzc/