IFSA- Summer in Pune
Pune, India (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Study Abroad in INDIA
About this Program
This seven-week program offers research and internship opportunities in development organizations spanning global health, microfinance, environmental studies, and gender studies. Whether surveying micro-finance entrepreneurs or evaluating local HIV awareness campaigns, you will spend your summer interacting with and learning from the citizens of Pune.
Looking for a top spot to study contemporary India? Head to Pune! You can celebrate traditional Indian festivals in the old city, learn classical Indian music and dance, or find yourself in a maze of magnificent historical architecture. At the same time, Pune is a youthful and progressive city with a growing music and art scene and an established development hub. This balance of city life, an international landscape, and uniquely Indian roots attract scholars and practitioners from all over India and the world. In Pune, you not only study contemporary India—you live it.
- Explore contemporary India as a complex yet unified multi-cultural, multi-linguistic, religiously pluralistic democracy and rising major global power through 6 credits of coursework.
- Pursue your own academic interests and distinguish yourself professionally by completing an internship or directed research project.
- Live like a Pune resident with an Indian host family and commute to campus via auto rickshaw.
- Get away on an organized weekend excursion outside of Pune.
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The award for summer programs is $500, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about our Summer in Pune program, including course syllabi, student housing, and previous internship placements.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278