|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Partner:
|CIEE - Council on International Educational Exchange||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10208Program Term(s):
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10992Prerequisites:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10206Previous Language Study Req?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10166Language courses offered:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10171Areas of Study:
|Art History, Arts, Business, Culture, Economics, History, Japanese, Literature, Political Science, Religion/Theology, Sociology, Theatre/Drama, Urban Studies|
|Program Design:||Group based, Short Term, Study Center, Theme based|
Originally a small fishing village from the 15th Century, Tokyo has remained the largest city in the world from the mid 1960’s. While Tokyo has become known for its outstanding modern and avant-garde features, peppered throughout this mega-metropolis are hotspots of Japanese culture and tradition. Courses are taught in English by CIEE faculty at CIEE Tokyo and complemented with immersive co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
BOOST YOUR JAPANESE
by building upon what you know already... or start from scratch. Everywhere you go will be a chance to practice your new found linguistic skills.
through English-taught courses covering a range of cultural, social, and historical topics
EXPLORE JAPAN’S TREASURES
as you explore on your own, or through CIEE scheduled activities and excursions
Excursions & Activities
- Explore Tokyo through group activities and on your own – there’s always more to see and do.
- Get to the ballpark to see how Japan enjoys baseball... Japanese Style.
- Get out of the city and explore somewhere different… like Kamakura or Yokohama.
- Find your Zen in an actual "Zen Garden".
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Japanese culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us