|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2021||09/15/2020 **||Rolling Admission||01/04/2021||05/08/2021|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Take learning to new heights in Cape Town, where in the same day you can catch stunning views from Table Rock, explore a food lover's paradise, and follow the threads of a tapestry woven from many cultures. It's a stunning place to create a custom program that meets your precise needs, with a complex history that will stay with you always.
CREATE THE ULTIMATE PROGRAM
with one, two, or three six-week blocks.
STAY IN CAPE TOWN, OR
add blocks in Berlin, London, Madrid, Paris, or Rome.
STAY IN CAPE TOWN, OR
with an eye-opening three-day study tour.
Excursions & Activities
- Embark on a two-night/three-day study tour to a different region, like the winelands and coast areas of the Western Cape, or Sutherland in the Northern Cape Province, where the largest single optical telescope in the southern hemisphere, SALT, is located. Soak up culture and history with visits to iconic places like Robben Island, the Cape Peninsula, and Cape Flats.
- Catch a cricket or rugby match at Newlands Grounds, go on a whale-watch, or explore museums and local theatre and music.
- Engage with local community organisations by tutoring, mentoring, or volunteering your time – students say it's a program highlight.
Enrich your experience with one of these optional academic projects:
- Directed research. Design and complete research that answers a question you're curious about.
- Service-learning. Combine course-based learning with practical experience that benefits you and Cape Town communities.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to South African culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight study tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
Gusties: If you're interested in the Global Scholars Program (more than one study abroad site in the same semester), see the Global Scholars Program brochure.