|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||SIT/World Learning|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Partner:
|SIT - School for International Training||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
|Junior, Senior, Sophomore|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
|Guest House, Homestay, Hostel/Hotel||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10171Areas of Study:
|Anthropology, Arts, Business, Communication, Communication Design, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Studies, Gender Studies, Geography, Health and Human Services, Humanities, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Law|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10212Additional Program Options:
|Internship (with credit transfer)|
Get professional experience at a human rights organization and examine the legacy of apartheid and the ideas, values, and practice of social justice in South Africa.
- Live and work in Cape Town.
- Practice experiential and reflective learning during your internship.
- Learn the history of South Africa's Apartheid system.
- Gain resume-building experience in human rights advocacy, gender-based human rights work, human rights law, or social and community mobilization.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website for details on program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
Key Topics of Study
- Apartheid and its aftermath
- South Africa’s political, economic, social and cultural landscape
- Principles of social justice in South Africa
- The ethics of internships in South Africa
- Reconciliation, justice, equity, development, and nation-building
Be sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
- All educational costs, including educational excursions
- All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
- Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
- Health and accident insurance
- SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
- All scholarships and grants are need-based.
- Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
- The SIT Pell Grant Match provides matching grants to all students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding when it is applied to an SIT Study Abroad semester program.
- Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
Contact SIT Study Abroad
- Visit our website: studyabroad.sit.edu
- Request more information or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call an admissions counselor: 888-272-7881
- Contact a former student.
- Apply to SIT.