IFSA- Merida Universities Program, Mexico
Merida, Mexico (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2021||09/15/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Study Abroad in MEXICO
Merida Universities Program
About the Program
In Mérida, Yucatán, explore how Mexico balances 21st century realities with the enduring influence of the pre-Hispanic Mayan empire. Through the Mérida Universities Program, which includes multi-day excursions to Mexico City and San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, you will interact with complexities of the local culture and learn how the Mayan influence is thread differently throughout Mexico.
Merida is in the state of Yucatan on the far eastern edge of Mexico. The city enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year and is a tranquil yet cosmopolitan center of culture in southern Mexico. It's compact size makes it easy to explore the many squares and markets. Colonial Spanish architecture adds to Merida's beauty and personifies the city's long history.
- Live and learn in Mérida, a cozy, colonial city located about 20 minutes from the coast where they experience 300 days of sunshine per year
- Study the rich culture of the Yucatán and learn Spanish in one of Latin America's safest areas
- Cultural events and excursions, including a multi-day excursion to archaeological sites, Mexico City and San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- Enjoy free evening concerts and a thriving nightlife in a student-friendly atmosphere
- Study alongside local students at two outstanding universities:
- Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán (UADY)—UADY offers a large student body that benefits from the university's 15 faculties, research institute and 19 libraries
- Universidad Modelo—a private, smaller environment with great student facilities
- Give back to the community by volunteering with local organizations or UADY's student volunteer group Hoy en tu Comunidad
- Take part in a directed research project or public health concentration
- Academic tutoring available upon request throughout the semester
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the next Step!
Visit our website for more information about our Merida Universities program.
Contact your student Services manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
For Gustavus Adolphus students: IFSA uses semester credits. Each GAC unit = 4 semester credits. Thus, some IFSA courses, which are worth 3 semester credits each, are worth 0.75 GAC units. Be sure to discuss the irregular unit totals with your advisors as you select courses.