|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10168Program Partner:
|CIEE - Council on International Educational Exchange||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10208Program Term(s):
Glossary entry for program parameter 10164Minimum Class Standing:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10167Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10992Prerequisites:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10206Previous Language Study Req?:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10165Language of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10166Language courses offered:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10169Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10171Areas of Study:
|Business Adminstration, Management|
|Program Design:||Group based, Short Term, Study Center, Theme based||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10212Additional Program Options:
|Special Grant Opportunity/Limited Access|
It’s hard not to get caught-up in the pulsing energy of this dynamic metropolis! Life in Rio is out in the open, in the streets, and on the beaches under the tropical sun. Spend January in Rio taking one, three-week course on intercultural engagement, surrounded by the culture and people of this vibrant, bustling city.
VISIT THE VALONGO WHARF
the most significant slave port in the Western Hemisphere and now, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Rio de Janeiro is surrounded by mountains and sea resting between the Guanabara Bay and the Atlantic ocean.
Rio’s rich and diverse arts culture and understand Samba and Carnival beyond the clichés.
Excursions & Activities
During your study abroad in Rio, you may enjoy some of these activities:
- Enjoy day excursions to discover Brazil!
- See why Brazilians are mad about football by attending a live match at the Maracanã, one of the world´s biggest soccer stadiums.
- Take percussion lessons with professional samba players.
- Immerse yourself in Rio’s rich local culture.
- Experience a capoeira lesson.
- Take a hike on one of the many trails through the Atlantic Forest that envelopes the city. You can even hike to the top of Corcovado mountain, where the Christ the Redeemer statues awaits you.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Brazilian society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
LIMITED-ACCESS GRANT OPPORTUNITY
This program is targeted to high-need students who have not previously applied for study away programs. Please see the full eligibility details in the grant overview page. Ineligible applicants will be disqualified.
There are five (5) available places in this grant-funded opportunity. Participants will be selected shortly after the application closes on June 30, 2019.