|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
Culture and Gender in Contemporary Argentina is perfect for English speaking students who want to explore key concepts and perspectives about gender and sexuality studies in Argentina. At the end of the January in Buenos Aires program, students have deep insight into gender issues as a tool for understanding contemporary Argentina.
EXPERIENCE THE CITY LIKE A LOCAL
Visit museums, participate in festivals, attend rival club soccer matches, and go to film exhibits.
EXPLORE THE OLD PORT AREA OF LA BOCA
see where this district got its influence
LEARN OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM
excursions and experience the Argentine countryside
Excursions & Activities
During your program, you'll participate in a number of activities, such as:
- Overnight trip outside Buenos Aires city to see the contrast between a thriving metropolis and the countryside
- Attending festivals or soccer matches
- Witnessing a rich Latin American culture in motion with tango dance and live theater performances
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- On-site orientation – introducing students to Buenos Aires society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
LIMITED-ACCESS GRANT OPPORTUNITY
This program is targeted to high-need students who have not previously applied for study away programs. Please see the full eligibility details in the grant overview page. Ineligible applicants will be disqualified.
There are five (5) available places in this grant-funded opportunity. Participants will be selected shortly after the application closes on June 30, 2019.