CAPA Global Seminar in London: Wrongful Conviction (Summer)
London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||CAPA the Global Education Network|
|Restrictions:||Gustavus applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||02/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||07/14/2019||08/10/2019|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
CAPA Global Seminar: Wrongful Conviction
Wrongful Conviction is a universal problem that has received a great deal of attention from the media, legislatures, and courts around the world in recent years. From the Netflix series “Making a Murderer” to the NPR podcast “Serial,” there is a growing fascination with how people are wrongfully convicted and the processes and procedures used to right these wrongs.
This seminar is taught by a law professor who has spent his career litigating wrongful conviction cases and directing the California Innocence Project. It is designed to provide you with an overview of the issues and case law related to wrongful convictions through the use of interactive exercises, lectures, readings, videos, and case studies.
The Program Fee for the CAPA Global Seminar in London includes:
- 3-4 academic credits
- Classes held at the beautiful CAPA London Center in the Royal Borough of Kensington
- Housing in furnished, shared apartments within commuting distance of the CAPA London Center
- A London zone 1-2 pass for use on the Underground (subway), buses, and trains
- Full-day excursion to Stonehenge and Bath
- Social events including an arrival reception, and a farewell ceremony
- My Global City London, CAPA’s unique learning immersion program
- Medical, travel, and accident insurance
- CAPA London student services and support, including 24-hour emergency on-call support
- 40 years experience in study abroad education
- Personalized, experiential and academic programs that genuinely involve each student with the location, people and culture of their host city
- Affordable, fully accredited, semester, quarter and summer programs and internships
- Need-based and access scholarships
Learn more about us at CAPA.org/global-seminar-london or call us at 1.800.793.0334
Note: CAPA courses are worth 3 US semester credits each. Each Gustavus unit is equivalent to 4 US semester credits, so each CAPA course will be 0.75 Gustavus units. Check with the Registrar about the possibility of these courses meeting any general-education requirements, and with your major advisor(s) about meeting any major requirements.